Welcome to a Meeting of the Board of Education
We are pleased that you may join us at a future meeting and hope you will return often. Your visit assures us of continuing community interest in our schools. Agendas are available at the reception counter in the Lobby.
Addressing the Board
Items Not on the Agenda
If you wish to address the Board regarding a matter which is not included on the meeting agenda but which is within Board jurisdiction, you may address the Board during the “Public Comments” section. The Board President will announce when it is ready to open the floor for audience comments. Proceed to the podium and when you are recognized by the Board President, state your name and the subject you will be addressing.
The Board President may exercise judgment as to the time allotted to each speaker or on each subject. The Board is prohibited from taking action at the meeting on any matter not included on the posted agenda.
Items on the Agenda
The Board requests that comments or questions regarding an agenda action be brought up at the time the Board is discussing the subject. Please rise and wait for the Board President to recognize you. Once recognized, please state your name before proceeding.
The Board President may exercise judgment as to the time allotted to each speaker or on each subject.
Agenda Items under Closed Session
These items usually pertain to litigation and/or personnel matters and the Board may not be able to discuss these items in public. You will, however, be able to address the Board on your concern(s) during the “Public Comments – Closed Session” section. As stated in the above paragraphs, please wait to be recognized by the Board President before proceeding
- In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to access the Board meeting room, to access written documents being discussed at the Board meeting, or to otherwise participate at Board meetings, please contact the Superintendent’s Office at 768-3888, Ext. 3008. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the Board Meeting and to provide any required accommodations, auxiliary aids or services.
- The Board encourages citizens to participate in the operation of the school district and, in turn, desires to be responsive to the needs of the school community.
- If you wish to have an item placed on the agenda for Board consideration, request must be submitted in writing to the attention of the District Superintendent, five days prior to Board agenda compilation. For further assistance, please call 768-3888 Ext. 3008 (Superintendent’s Office).
- The agenda is posted at the CUSD Administration Building 72 hours in advance of each regular Board meeting and 24 hours before a special meeting. The agenda is also posted on the district web site, www.calexico.k12.ca.us and sent to schools sites for posting on the Friday before the regular Thursday meeting. Agendas are available at the Lobby outside the Board Room for individuals attending the Board meetings.
- Background materials related to agenda items are provided to Trustees, administrators, and media for study three days prior to a meeting. The background materials are available for public review at the CUSD Administration Building – Reception Desk.
- Closed Sessions: In accordance with Education Code Section 35146 and Government Code Section 54957, the Board may recess to Closed Session to discuss personnel matters, litigation, expulsions, employee negotiations, property negotiations, liability claims, and related matters. Items to be discussed in Closed Session are announced by the Board President prior to the end of the regular public meeting. Actions taken in Closed Session are reported during the public meeting as required by law.
- Cell Phones: The Board kindly requests that all cell phones be either turned-off or put into vibration mode while the Board meetings are in session.